Get Involved With Health in Sight Mission
The volunteers at Health in Sight Mission feel rewarded each time we are able to improve vision or restore sight for a patient in Roatán, Honduras. Many of the patients we serve do not have the resources to leave the island for medical care, and they rely on our program for basic health care and ophthalmological services. And we rely on the support of people like you. There are several ways to become involved:
Become a Charitable Sponsor
Do you own, manage, or sit on the board of a business? If your company has a product or service that could be of use in our clinic, such as optometric supplies or medical devices, you can make a tax deductible in-kind donation. You can also make a positive impact with a financial sponsorship.
As a sponsor of Health in Sight Mission, we want you see the impact that your donations have on changing the lives of the people of Roatan. Here are a few ways you can visualize the impact of your donations:
- Our team will share regular program updates, patient stories and statistics that help demonstrate how your donations directly help improve vision in Roatan.
- Opportunities exist for sponsors and their team members to volunteer and assist with Health in Sight Mission where appropriate.
- Consider joining us in Roatan and experiencing first hand how your gift is going to help the lives of many.
We currently work with the following generous sponsors:
Volunteer With Us
Our U.S. based volunteers regularly make trips to Roatán to provide services. Our teams are a mix of board-certified eye surgeons, medical professionals, and non-medical personnel who are able to help in other capacities. Share your information with us and we can discuss any potential volunteer opportunities.
Collect & Donate
Financial contributions are always appreciated and go directly to funding critical care on Roatán. Learn more about donating to Health in Sight Mission. There are also items that can be collected and donated. Useful items include:
- Reading Glasses new and gently used readers with magnification ranges from +1 to +3
- Prescription Glasses prescription eyeglasses in good condition
- Sunglasses please make sure sunglasses have UV protection
Support the Eye Clinic Build Campaign
A major goal at Health in Sight Mission is to build a new clinic on Roatán that will allow us to provide continuous care and advanced surgical procedures to more patients in need. We have completed many steps in our planning process, but we are still in need of critical fundraising in order to begin construction on the new clinic. Learn more, including our progress so far and how you can help: The Health in Sight Mission Clinic Build Campaign.